Design has become a differentiating force in business. As design continues to fuel innovation at leading companies, more and more look to harness the power it can bring to their organizations, at all levels.
But what does it mean to be a design-driven organization? What organizations truly place value on design, and what industries lag behind?
In the 2016 Product Design Report, the first of its kind surveying designers in a broad range of fields, industries, and disciplines, we sought answers to these questions and more.
Inside, you’ll peer through the eyes of these designers, who gave us insight into areas such as:
- How design is viewed by leaders at their organizations
- Where design plays a leading role
- The lack of diversity in design and how that may change
- What designers in different roles make
- The value of higher education in design
And much more.
How does your organization—your role, even—stack up? Look inside to find out.